Sunday, January 1, 2012

Welcome 2012 with new designs...


Happy 2012 to everyone!  May this year be full of wonderful adventures jammed packed with creativity and kindness!

Last year flew by quick.  After my last show of the year I took a mini-break to spend time with friends and family and to re-charge my creativity.  I've been brainstorming new ideas, color palettes, and designs I plan on launching this year.  I really want to challenge myself more this year and take my designs to a new level.

I've gotten a jump start on one particular challenge that is being started on "Beading Daily," a website/forum/blog dedicated to beaders.  Trust me, there are a lot of us out there!  One of there challenges is called "A Pair of Earrings a Day."  This particular challenge calls for making a pair of earrings a day with whatever beads you have lying around.  The idea is to find time to create something. If you can't create a "pair a day" they suggest a pair a week or if you don't want to make earrings swap them out for a necklace or bracelet a week.  Anything that keeps your creativity flowing...stress-free!

I've decided to take the "Earrings a Day" challenge for one whole month, then move on to something new the following month.  I will post my progress here on the blog with photos.  I'm thinking of just posting the earrings I make during this month exclusive to my ETSY store but I haven't decided yet.

Here are my pair of earrings to January 1st... let me know what you think.

Beading Daily Challenge-- Day #1: Super Fancy Earrings

Ingredients:
Sterling Silver,
a pinch of Freshwater Pearls,
tons of Rock Quartz crystal briolettes,
2 large Opal teardrops for beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment